Monday, July 07, 2008

"By this time my lungs were aching for air..."

Oh thank God. I was staring not one, but five (5) solid days without television or internet in my apartment, but somehow I was granted a reprieve while I was at work.

Yesterday was bad enough. I was starting to think about switching to Verizon if they could set me up before the Time Warner tech arrived on Thursday. They have a store in the first floor of my office, too. I toyed with the idea of buying a hideously expensive wireless broadband card, which I would normally have little justification for, just to alleviate the pain.

Yeah, it's that bad. I'm a bit over a week into my first effort to quit smoking after nine years of about a pack a day, and the absence of the internet was a much bigger issue for me yesterday.

Sweet sweet digital content. Don't ever leave me again.

No comments: