Monday, August 11, 2008

WTF, Russ?

Atrios gives the Wanker of the Day to Bob Kerrey, for calling John McCain "a known quantity" who "can deal with crisis."

Certainly a worthy selection, but I was disappointed to read less likely suspect Russ Feingold also lavishing centrist cred on the Republican nominee: "I think the guy calls 'em as he sees 'em, and as president would call 'em as he sees 'em" etc. etc.

Hey Russ, how about suiting up for the big game, huh? Maybe do what you can to help your party's nominee, rather than saying nice things about his opponent? I've never been a U.S. Senator so maybe I just don't fully understand the fraternal bonds between co-sponsors of campaign finance legislation. But how about next time you feel compelled to give a quote about what an honorable centrist John McCain is, you just keep your fucking mouth shut instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This hurts. This is one of the last people I might expect to get (or tolerate getting) behind the McCain straight talking line. ouchy russ. you have betrayed my love for you.