Thursday, August 07, 2008

OhioPandemicFlu.gov

Let it never be said that the state of Ohio is taking the threat of pandemic flu lightly. They're running a TV ad during Reds games that pretty much says we're all gonna die and you should learn more about it at this website. Well I was intrigued.

About This Site:

Experts believe a worldwide outbreak, or pandemic, of influenza will happen someday.

When?

The exact timing is not known, but it is certain our everyday lives will drastically change during a pandemic.

What may these changes include?

These changes may include temporary closing of schools or cancellation of events, disruption of normal services such as utilities and some shortages.

What can I do?

There are things you can do now to prepare.

I'm listening.

This Web site is designed to help prepare and protect the health of Ohioans.

Just Ohioans?

Update:
Here's the ad itself, via Norb, of the GQ banner:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just went to the web site and I am not much smarter than I was before the visit.
What a waste of money. But then it is the government that is doing this. And what they do best is waste our money.