Saturday, May 28, 2005

Pedro fans 10

vintage

vin-tage, adj.
1. Of or relating to a vintage.
2. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.

Yeah, the second one. That was vintage Pedro.

Were it not for Omar Minaya's willingness to go where Theo Epstein dared not tread (i.e. into the 2008 balance sheet), Mets fans everywhere would have spent this morning reading about Brian Moehler's mastery of their shorthanded lineup.

Instead, we can bask in the kind of performance that can only be expected from the game's most dominant starting pitchers. 8 innings, 5 hits, 0 walks, 10 strikeouts. Mets win 1-0.

Just as the three losses in Atlanta raised serious and not unreasonable doubts about the Mets' legitimacy as a playoff contender, these last two games against the Marlins have at the very least provided an adequate rebuttal.

If they can get split the next two games in Florida, their record for the road trip will be 3-4. Considering the absence of Beltran, that would be at worst a mild disappointment.

Of course, the Marlins will have Willis and Beckett on the hill, but whoever's been wearing Brian Moehler's uniform looks pretty frightening himself.

In the other divisional series, Philly put a savage 12-5 beating on Atlanta today, surely forcing the Schuerholz-Cox-Mazzone collective to think long and hard about the abilities of one Horacio Ramirez.

6 comments:

Critical Bill said...

Mets trail Nats by full game as June opens like a festering sore (Doyle [if that is your real name], please format the above in that cool, many-point headline font you use).

Congratulations, Metropolitans, and fans. You've essentially confounded 40+ years of expansion growth. You trail a de facto expansion team by one game as the season turns into its summer stretch (known in other parts of your fair city as The Part of the Season Jason Giambi Spends in Columbus, OH). You've done for the intended trajectory of baseball expansion teams what Trent Lott did for race relations, what the Challenger did for space travel, and what Capri pants did for human evolution. You've violated the sacred tenet put forth by Manute Bol's mother's endocrinologist: To grow is to thrive!

Bloggy said...

I really liked your page and it is related to gold wrist watch, until next time!

Anonymous said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

cash at home said...

Hi, I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all

day -- Very addictive. I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my

href="http://www.domaincity.ws/BlogSubmitterPro.htm">dipsie mit seo
related site. It isnt

anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly.

If you want your blog to get higher in search engines, why not try Link Metro, you can over 100 new links to your blog every single day, for FREE!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by your blog, It is full of great information. I found it by searching for " seo newsfeed " on Google.

I have started a blog directory and would like to personally invite you to post your blog. Its free and will help you in your search rankings.

if you have any questions email me at admin@big3post.com and I will get back to you within a 24 hrs.