Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seems oddly familiar

Well last night I was at the Yankees game, but my eye kept wandering up to the out of town scoreboard. I assumed something was wrong with it because it kept showing WAS 1, NYM 0 even as the inning kept getting later. This is even though the Mets are in a close playoff race and were facing a scrubby LHP who last looked like a good pitcher when he was a Los Angeles Dodger. Imagine my surprise when I got home and discovered the problem was not with the scoreboard or its operator, but the Mets offense.

When I saw the highlights, there were a lot of hard-hit balls with runners on base that just happened to have been directed right at the Washington outfielders. But you know what the answer to that problem is? Home runs!

At least even in the worst case scenario it won't be as big a disappointment as last year.

No comments: