Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dontrelle Willis

So hot right now.

The Mets will miss him in the upcoming series, which is fortunate because he's mowing down the Phillies at the moment, including a three pitch humiliation of Jim Thome. We'll still have to face Beckett on Friday, but since Willie's sending Aaron Heilman to the hill to face him, I'm not real optimistic about that one anyway.

As for this evening's pitching matchup, we've got Clemens vs. Ishii.

I have zero love for Roger, and will be rooting especially hard for the Wild Thing to get the better of this one. Clemens has to lose it eventually, doesn't he? And Ishii's Ks can clean up the mess he makes with his BBs.

Would I put a wager on which one gets chased first? No, but as many have observed, the Astro lineup is not what it once was, and God, I just can't stand Clemens. Take your pick of reasons to dislike him: from the bat-throwing, to the child-naming, to the Texan-ness. I can see how people get excited about these things, but I'm not one of them.

As an aside, Phil Garner really needs to let Chris Burke start his career as a second baseman. It's time for Biggio to head to LF on his way to RET. And Willie Taveras? Yikes. I'm looking for Carlos and the boys to put a hurting on them.

Mets win 8-3, getting to Clemens in the 4th. Write it down.

No comments: