Friday, July 29, 2005

I do not accept being beaten by Brad Ausmus

Seriously. Mets fans can stomach an awful lot, but one thing they can't stomach is the sight of a relief pitcher giving up a game-winning double to that guy.

I've been calling for patience on the C. Beltran issue but I'm starting to lose it with him. Some O-fers are harder to take than others, and on a night when Miguel Cairo and Cameron are the only ones pulling any weight for Pedro, this was an especially poor night for him to disappear.

I know he was getting booed mercilessly on the field as well as at the plate (as if he was a lifelong Astro and not an obvious rental from the outset). If that was a source of discomfort or embarassment for him, I don't care. He was facing a rookie pitcher in a hitter's park. Offense must ensue.

Reader Coop had a good comment on Tuesday's post. I replied in that space and I'll add to that the following: if we end up packaging one or more of the "Big Four" prospects (Milledge, Petit, Bannister, Hernandez) in a deal to acquire, jointly or severally, Daryle Ward and Jose Mesa, I will be far, far more pissed than I would be at a comparable deal for Soriano.

In any case it sounds like Soriano-to-Cubs is now at least as likely as Soriano-to-Mets.

The Post reports that discussions have taken place with the Red Sox regarding Manny Ramirez, but that such a deal is unlikely. It also points out what most of us have probably figured out by now: Mike Cameron can be had.

Notes

I couldn't help but notice that our starting 1B last night was Marlon Anderson. I'm sorry but that just can't happen. This may not be the time to sell the farm for a better shot at the playoffs, but nor is it the time to tolerate this complete absence of a major league first baseman on our roster. I hasten to point out that I was not late to, but rather an organizer of, the "Doug Mientkiewicz Sucks" party.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cotton cub fabric and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cotton cub fabric

Dave

Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cubs site myspace.com and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs site myspace.com

Dave

Dream Builder said...

Hello, I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all

day -- Very addictive. I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my

href="http://www.domaincity.ws/BlogSubmitterPro.htm">seo news
related site. Feel free to drop by and tell me what you think.

Internet Marketer Azhar said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to visit regularly.

If you want your blog to get higher in search engines, why not try Link Metro, you can over 100 new links to your blog every single day, for FREE!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by your blog, It is full of great information. I found it by searching for " evaluation free seo site " on Google.

I have started a blog directory and would like to personally invite you to post your blog. Its free and will help you in your search rankings.

if you have any questions email me at admin@big3post.com and I will get back to you within a 24 hrs.